SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. On a lightly floured surface, roll thawed puff pastry into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Halve any large berries. Add berries to sugar mixture; gently toss to coat.
3. Spoon berry mixture onto one crosswise half of the prepared puff pastry, spreading evenly to 1 inch from the edges. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and the water. Brush some of the egg mixture on the uncovered edges of the pastry.
4. Fold over the uncovered pastry half to enclose the fruit. Using a fork, firmly press together edges of top and bottom pastry to create a seal. Brush the top of the pastry with egg mixture and, if desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut 2 to 3 slits in pastry top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.