SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
2. Place onions in the slow cooker. Top with meat. In a medium bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and Dr. Pepper beverage. Pour sauce mixture over meat.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat. Return meat to cooker to combine with sauce and onions and keep warm.
5. Using a slotted spoon, divide meat mixture among half of the baguette slices. Top with remaining slices and secure with wooden picks. If desired, serve sandwiches with sliced pickles.