SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare and roll out pastry portion on a lightly floured surface to a circle about 12-inches in diameter*. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie tin or plate without stretching. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold edge under. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry with an 8-3/4-inch foil pie pan**; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil pie tin. Bake 5 minutes more. (Or if using rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust, bake pie crust according to package directions for one crust pie.) Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle chocolate in bottom of pastry; set aside. In a large bowl beat eggs and vanilla; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour, salt and pecans. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full boil; boil 15 seconds. Remove from heat.
4. Quickly beat about 1 cup hot pecan mixture into eggs. Beat in remaining pecan mixture (work quickly to avoid cooking eggs). Pour over chocolate in crust.
5. Bake for 50 minutes, tenting with foil after 35 minutes to prevent over browning, until edges are puffed and center appears set when gently shaken.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill remaining pie.