SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the milk, butter, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts; add to flour mixture along with eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the orange peel, orange juice, and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease two large baking sheets; set aside.
4. Roll each portion of the dough into a 12x7-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into twelve 7-inch-long strips. Tie each strip loosely in a knot. Arrange knots 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Immediately remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with Orange Icing.
1. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange peel, and enough orange juice (2 to 3 tablespoons) to make a drizzling consistency.