SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, ginger, baking soda, and, if desired, pepper; set aside.
3. Stir egg into cooled honey mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined; knead in the last of the flour mixture by hand, if necessary. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough into 12 portions*. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-inch long rope. Cut ropes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place pieces 1/2 inch apart in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
5. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to paper towels to cool. Roll in powdered sugar.