SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow cream cheese and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Lightly coat twenty-four to thirty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, the 1-1/2 cups sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined. Beat in one of the eggs, the espresso powder, and the dash salt. Stir in melted chocolate. Set aside.
3. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, shortening, and vanilla to flour mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add the remaining two eggs; beat on medium speed until combined (batter may climb beaters).
4. Spoon a rounded tablespoon of the batter into each prepared muffin cup. Drop a rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Spoon the remaining batter over cream cheese mixture in muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
6. Pipe a swirl of Banana Butter Frosting on top of each cupcake. If desired, top each cupcake with a banana slice. Dust with cocoa powder. Makes 24 to 30 (2-1/2-inch)
1. Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in banana. Gradually add 3 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar until frosting reaches piping consistency.