SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, garlic salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a rapid boil. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture leaves the side of the pan and begins to form a ball. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and the membrillo.
4. Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe dough (about 1 tablespoon each) into 40 mounds on prepared baking sheets (or drop dough by small spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets). Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Bake on separate oven racks for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheets between oven racks halfway through baking time. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Place in a single layer in a plastic freezer container and freeze. Attach serving directions to gift (below).