SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, garlic, and bay leaf. Pour broth over potato mixture.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Drain potatoes in a colander over a bowl to catch the cooking liquid. Remove and discard bay leaf. Return potatoes to slow cooker. Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
4. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until steaming and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture, salt, and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to mashed potatoes to reach desired consistency.*
5. To serve, transfer potatoes to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. If desired, garnish with bay leaves.