SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In small saucepan heat and stir milk, sugar, the 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup cornmeal, and the salt just until warm (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F) and butter almost melts. In large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add egg and warm milk mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (about 3 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
3. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
4. Roll or pat dough into a 10x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-1/2 x 1-inch strips. Arrange strips in prepared pan, leaving about 1/4 inch between each strip. Cover; let rise in warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons cornmeal. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool slightly. Remove from pan and serve warm. Makes 32 rolls.