SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the vanilla, and the 1 egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Turn cream cheese mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired.
3. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, the 2 eggs, the 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Carefully pour over cream cheese mixture.
4. Cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 25 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile, combine pecans, butter, flour, and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Sprinkle over the pie. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Makes 1 pie (8 servings).
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.