SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare the Nut Pastry. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Ease into pie plate; trim pastry to edge of pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 1/2- to 1-inch fall or holiday designs. In a small bowl combine the 1 egg and water. Brush over edge of pastry in pie plate. Arrange cutouts around edge of pastry. Brush cutouts with egg mixture. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, if you like. Set pie plate aside.
2. For filling, in a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, 1/2 cup brown sugar, apple butter, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves. Add 2 eggs and egg yolk; beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually add whipping cream; stir till combined. Turn into prepared crust.
3. Loosely cover edge of pastry with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20 minutes more. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the nuts, butter, flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Sprinkle over the pie. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool on wire rack. Cover and chill in the refrigerator within 2 hours. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Stir in ground pecans or walnuts. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over mixture and toss until moistened. Form into a ball.