SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare Sweet Pepper sauce: set aside. Trim any fat and silver skin (thin pearlescent membrane running along top of tenderloin) from tenderloin. Sprinkle garlic over tenderloin. For rub, in a small bowl combine salt, black pepper, and oregano. Sprinkle evenly over tenderloin; rub in with your fingers.
2. Place tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes for medium-rare (135 degrees F) or 45 to 50 minutes for medium (150 degrees F). Transfer meat to platter. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of meat will rise 10 degrees more while standing.) Makes 12 servings plus leftovers.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Halve sweet peppers lengthwise. Remove stems, seeds, and veins. Place pepper halves, cut sides down, on prepared baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly charred.
2. Bring foil up around peppers to enclose. Let stand about 15 minutes or until cool. Loosen edges of the skins with a small sharp knife; gently pull off skins in strips and discard. Place peppers in food processor or blender. Cover; process or blend until smooth.
3. In large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in pureed peppers, vinegar, sugar, thyme, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes or until thickened. Cool and refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days. Reheat over medium-low, stirring often.