SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Lightly grease two cookie sheets; set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and peppermint extract until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the bittersweet chocolate.
2. Divide dough into four portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap each dough portion and shape into a 7-inch roll. Place rolls 4 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide.
4. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks for 1 hour. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
5. Using a serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 5 to 7 minutes more or until crisp and dry. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
6. Dip one long side of each cookie into melted candy coating. Place cookies on waxed paper. While coating is still wet, sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until coating is set.