SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Creme Anglaise. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides of two, 16-ounce ramekins**. Sprinkle insides of ramekins with turbinado sugar; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 minutes, or until thick and lemon colored. Reduce speed and beat in flour.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a full boil over medium-high heat. Pour half of the hot milk into egg mixture. Beat until combined. Pour egg mixture back into hot milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it returns to a boil (mixture will be very thick). Stir in pumpkin, praline paste, and vanilla until combined. Cool slightly.
4. In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gently fold beaten egg whites into the pumpkin-praline mixture.
5. Divide mixture among prepared ramekins. Lightly sprinkle with additional turbinado sugar. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with Creme Anglaise. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
1. In a heavy small saucepan, combine whipping cream and vanilla bean half. Bring just to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat. In a medium bowl, combine a small amount of the hot cream mixture, egg yolk, and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually stir about half of the remaining cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Return all of the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture returns to boiling. Remove from heat. Remove and discard vanilla bean. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until serving time. Makes 1 cup.