SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, nutmeg, and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
3. Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with small star tip. To make each cookie, pipe meringue into 1-1/2-inch stars or kisses 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. (Or use a spoon to drop meringue onto parchment.)
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Let meringues dry in oven with the door closed about 1 hour or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. If desired, drizzle with White Chocolate Drizzle. Let drizzle dry. Makes about 40 cookies.
1. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, shortening, and nutmeg. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until just melted.