SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine 6 ounces (1 cup) of the sweet chocolate, the cream, and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until nearly firm. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Prepare Basic Cookie Dough as directed, except add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper when adding the brown sugar. Stir the remaining 3 ounces (1/2 cup) sweet chocolate into dough.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten balls until 1/4 inch thick. If desired, sprinkle with additional ground chipotle pepper.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
5. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Makes about 25 sandwich cookies.
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Makes about 2-3/4 cups dough.