SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Basic Cookie Dough. Between sheets of lightly floured waxed paper, roll dough into a 16x9-inch rectangle. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup mixed nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture clings together. Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough. Starting from a long side, roll up dough tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Freeze about 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut roll into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Drizzle cookies with Vanilla Glaze. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped mixed nuts. Makes about 60 cookies.
1. In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Makes about 2-3/4 cups dough.