SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
3. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
4. In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans and 1/2 cup of the chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
6. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir unwrapped caramels and milk over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
7. In a small saucepan heat and stir the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate pieces over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over brownies. Let stand for 2 hours before serving.
8. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars just before serving.