SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
4. Prepare White Chocolate Whipped Cream and Mascarpone Frosting. Transfer the whipped cream to a decorating bag fitted with a large round or star tip. Push tip into the top of each cupcake and force some of the whipped cream inside cake.
5. Generously pipe or spread the frosting onto tops of cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with grated white chocolate and/or white chocolate curls. Makes 18 cupcakes.
1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine white baking chocolate and 1/4 cup of the whipping cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is nearly melted. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, beat remaining whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add the cooled white chocolate mixture. Beat just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
1. In a large bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and softened butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.