SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large skillet, cook pancetta until crisp; remove from skillet with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from skillet. Cook mushrooms in drippings until tender and all liquid has evaporated; cool.
2. For filling, in medium bowl combine pancetta, mushrooms, mozzarella, and dried tomatoes; set aside.
3. In large bowl combine eggs and chicken broth. Stir in bread crumbs, Romano cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir in turkey and sausage.
4. On heavy-duty foil or parchment, pat meat mixture into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Evenly sprinkle filling on meat mixture. From one long end of foil or parchment, begin rolling the meat mixture jelly-roll-style. Transfer the roll, seam side down, to a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. *See Roll in Flavor below.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads 160 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Top with oregano. Serve with Sauteed Green Beans and Onions. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a Dutch oven bring 2 quarts salted water to boiling. Add green beans. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, then plunge into ice water to halt cooking. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. (Beans may be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours.) In 12-inch large skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add red onion and cook until softened and beginning to brown. Add green beans to skillet. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.