SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9- or 10-inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter; set aside.
2. In food processor bowl; process cereal about 2 minutes, until a fine crumb forms. Add the 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and salt; process to combine. With processor running, add remaining butter through feed tube just until combined. Press crumb mixture on bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. In clean food processor bowl,* process cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar until combined. Add eggs; process until creamy, scraping down sides once or twice. Add eggnog, vanilla, bourbon, rum, and brandy; process until combined.
4. Gently pour filling into baked crust. Bake 45 minutes or until sides are slightly puffed (the center will be soft). Turn off oven and leave the door ajar. Let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour.
5. Transfer to wire rack; cool 15 minutes. Using a small think knife, loosen crust from sides of springform pan. Cool 30 minutes. Remove sides from pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. To serve, top with Candied Kumquats, if desired. Makes 12 servings.Candied Kumquats::
6. With paring knife, pierce only skin, cutting four evenly spaced slits in each kumquat. Place in medium saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 5 minutes. Drain in colander.
7. In medium saucepan stir to dissolve 1-1/2 cups of the sugar in the 3/4 cup water; add kumquats. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce to low to barely simmer. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes, until glazed. Remove fruit from syrup with slotted spoon. Place on wire rack over 15x10x1-inch pan. Cool 10 minutes.
8. Place the remaining 1 cup sugar in small bowl. Roll whole kumquats in sugar. Space on rack and let stand overnight. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place up to 3 months. Kumquats may be sliced before topping cheesecake.