SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Position two oven racks, one above the other, bottom rack in lowest position. On bottom rack place a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and pour in water to 1-inch depth. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. To drain pumpkin, line a fine mesh sieve with 100 percent cotton cheesecloth or paper coffee filter; seat over a bowl. Spoon in pumpkin; set aside while preparing crust.
2. For crust, in bowl stir together crushed gingersnaps, butter, and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and about 1 inch up sides of 9x3-inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on rack.
3. For filling, in large bowl beat cream cheese and the 1-1/4 cups brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in pumpkin (discard liquid), flour, and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Stir in eggs by hand.
4. Pour filling into crust-lined pan, spreading to sides of pan. Place springform pan on baking sheet then on oven rack above water-filled pan. Bake 1 hour or until filling appears set when gently shaken. Turn off oven; let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. (Top may crack as it cools.)
5. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. With small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes. Remover sides of pan; cool completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with Cranberry Topping. Makes 14 servings.
1. In small saucepan combine cranberries and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cranberry sauce or relish. Cool. Makes 1-1/2 cups topping.