SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Tart Shells. In medium bowl beat egg whites and whole eggs until combined; set aside.
2. In small saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add to pan with bean. Bring just to boiling over medium heat. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. With slotted spoon remove and discard vanilla bean.
3. Arrange pecan halves and cranberries in cooled tart shells. Pour syrup mixture over.
4. Place tarts on large baking sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set. Makes 2 tarts (10 servings each).
1. In mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high until light. Add powdered sugar and kosher salt; beat 1 minute. Beat in eggs and egg yolks; beat 1 minute more. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour. On lightly floured surface, roll each half to 16x6-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to two 14x5-inch rectangular tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim edges. Chill 1 hour. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown; cool.