SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In small bowl combine dried cherries and brandy. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and reserve 1 tablespoon of the brandy.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate.
3. In medium bowl whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Stir in walnuts, flour and 2 ounces of the chopped chocolate just until combined. Stir in drained cherries and the 1 tablespoon reserved brandy. Spoon filling into crust-lined pie plate. Bake for 65 minutes, loosely covering the pie with foil the last 30 minutes of baking. Sprinkle with remaining chopped chocolate. Cool on a wire rack.
4. To serve, top with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Makes 10 servings.
1. In chilled large mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Makes about 2 cups.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time until all the flour is moistened. Form pastry into a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond the edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not pick pastry.