SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for a Double-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry; trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry edge. Crimp edge.
2. In a large bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch, the 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and the salt. Stir in apricots and cranberries. Spoon fruit mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
3. Roll remaining dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut slit in pastry. Place pastry circle on filling; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pasty under bottom pastry. Crimp edge as desired. In a small bowl combine egg white and milk; brush crust with egg white mixture. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie lightly with foil.
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 15 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Add additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all is moistened. Divide dough in half; form each half into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten 1 dough ball. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry as directed. Add filling and roll out remaining dough as directed.