SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare pastry. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten 1 portion of the pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate.
2. For filling, in a large bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Add plums, raisins, currants, and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate. Dot filling with butter.
3. Roll out remaining pastry into a 10- to 12-inch circle. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Weave strips over filling in a lattice pattern. Press strips into bottom pastry rim. Fold bottom pastry over strip ends; seal and crimp edge.
4. Brush top pastry with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake pie for 25 to 30 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time (7 to 9 tablespoons total), until all the flour mixture is moistened. Form pastry into a ball. Divide pastry into 2 equal portions.