SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Trim fat from ribs. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl combine chili powder, the 1 tablespoon brown sugar, the 1 teaspoon salt, the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Generously sprinkle rub mixture over both sides of ribs; rub in with your fingers. Cover pan with foil.
2. Bake ribs in a 350 degrees F oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender. Drain off fat.
3. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain wood chips.
4. In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, coffee, vinegar, the 2 tablespoons brown sugar, the chipotle pepper, dry mustard, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
5. Sprinkle wood chips over medium coals in a charcoal grill. Place ribs on the grill rack directly over the coals. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes or until ribs are browned, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Add wood chips according to manufacturer directions. Place ribs on grill rack. Grill as directed above.) Serve ribs with sauce. Makes 6 servings.