SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Gingerbread Pastry. Roll pastry between 2 pieces of waxed paper, from center to edges, to a circle 12 inches in diameter (press any cracks back together). Remove top piece of waxed paper, carefully invert pastry into a 9-inch pie plate without stretching it, remove waxed paper. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry; crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together granulated sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, and the salt. Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
3. Place apples in pastry-lined pie plate. Pour filling over apples.
4. In a medium bowl stir together 1/3 cup flour, the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts if desired. Spoon evenly over filling. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake in a 375 degrees F oven 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes more or until apples are tender. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, dollop with dessert topping and sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon to serve. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
1. In a medium bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, ginger, allspice, and salt. Add canola oil and milk all at once. Stir gently with a fork until mixture clings together. Shape into a ball.