SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Chocolate Crumb Crust. For fudge sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup sugar, the evaporated milk, butter, and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly; reduce heat. Boil gently for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reduced to 1-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. If necessary, beat until smooth with wire whisk or rotary beater. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a chilled bowl, stir 1 pint of the peppermint ice cream until softened (photo 1). Spread over cooled Chocolate Crumb Crust. Place the cooled fudge sauce in a pastry bag fitted with a round tip about 1/4-inch in diameter.** Pipe half of the cooled fudge sauce over ice cream (photo 2). Freeze about 2 hours or until nearly firm. Repeat with the remaining peppermint ice cream and the remaining fudge sauce. Return to freezer while preparing meringue.For meringue::
3. In a medium bowl, dissolve the 3/4 cup sugar in the boiling water. Cool to room temperature. Add the meringue powder. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Using a wooden spoon, fold 3 tablespoons of the crushed candy into the meringue. Spread meringue over pie, sealing to edge. Freeze about 6 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or just until meringue is light brown. Cover loosely with foil. Freeze for 6 to 24 hours before serving. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy before serving. Makes 12 servings.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl combine vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until crust is firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.