SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and pepper; beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
2. In a small bowl whisk together flour and cocoa powder. Gradually beat or stir into egg mixture. Divide dough into two portions. Shape each portion of dough into a 1-1/2-inch-diameter log (about 8 inches long). Wrap each log in plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour or freeze about 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Working with one roll at a time, unwrap chilled dough and cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
5. For each three-cookie stack, spread 1 teaspoon Chocolate Ganache evenly over the bottom side of one cookie. Top with a plain cookie, bottom side down. Spread with 1 teaspoon Chocolate Ganache. Top with another cookie, bottom side down. Pipe remaining Chocolate Ganache over tops of cookie stacks. Chill about 30 minutes or until set.
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate and whipping cream. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Let stand about 30 minutes or until mixture thickens enough to spread. Makes about 1 cup.