SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wrap a double layer of foil around the bottom and outside of two lightly greased 6-inch springform pans to form a watertight seal; set aside.For crust::
2. In a food processor, place chocolate sandwich cookies. Cover and process until cookies are crushed. With the machine running, quickly add melted butter through feed tube. Process with on/off pulses just until cookies are finely crushed, scraping down sides to evenly moisten crumbs. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the foil-wrapped pans.
3. Place the peppermint candies in a clean food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely crushed. You should have about 3/4 cup. Set aside.For filling::
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add vanilla and peppermint extract; beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition just until combined. Stir in the 3/4 cup peppermint candies. Pour over crusts, spreading evenly.
5. Place the foil-wrapped springform pans in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Pour enough hot water into the baking pan to reach halfway up sides of the springform pans.
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the outside edges appear set and the centers appear nearly set when gently shaken. Remove springform pans from water. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Remove foil. Cover and chill overnight.
7. To serve, using a small sharp knife, loosen the edge of cheesecakes from sides of the pans. Remove sides of the pan. Garnish with chocolate curls and/or coarsely crushed striped round peppermint candies. Makes 16 servings.