SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to boiling over medium heat Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating well with a wooden spoon.
2. Transfer mixture to a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip. Line a baking sheet waxed paper. Pipe 4x1-inch logs onto prepared baking sheet.
3. Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep saucepan to 375 degrees F. Fry a few logs at a time in deep hot oil about 2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven while cooking remaining churros.
4. In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve warm. Makes about 20 churros.
1. in a heavy small saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, butter, ground pasilla or ancho chile pepper (if desired), and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted. Stir in the granulated sugar; gradually add evaporated milk, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Serve warm sauce with warm churros.