SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease a 9-inch springform pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine 1-1/4 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat and stir milk, 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture and the 2 eggs to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in as much of the remaining 1 cup flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
3. Transfer dough to prepared pan; spread evenly (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in 1 egg and lemon peel; set aside. In another bowl, stir together the pie filling and almond extract. Spoon cherry mixture over dough in pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over cherry mixture, spreading evenly.
5. Bake about 45 minutes or until center appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Remove sides of pan just before serving. If desired, spoon additional cherry pie filling on top and garnish with chopped white chocolate. Makes 12 to 16 servings.