SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the melted chocolate, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick. Using a 2-1/2-to-3-inch people-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks and let cool. Decorate cookies with Powdered Sugar Icing. If desired, before icing dries, sprinkle with decorative sprinkles or candies. Makes about 48 cookies.
1. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until drizzling consistency.