SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Add egg, melted chocolate, and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture.
3. Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long log. Roll each log in pecans, pressing gently so pecans stick. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill about 2 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
5. Spread some of the Coffee Buttercream on the bottom of a cookie. Top buttercream filling with another cookie, bottom side down, to make a sandwich cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and Coffee Buttercream. Makes about 32 sandwich cookies.
1. In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, and coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Increase speed to high and beat for 1 minute more, scraping side of bowl as necessary.