SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat broiler. Cut ribs into two-rib portions. Place ribs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until brown, turning once*. Transfer ribs to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and chipotle chiles. Pour over ribs in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
4. Transfer ribs to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover ribs to keep warm. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid.
5. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir into liquid in cooker. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve ribs with sauce. If desired, serve ribs over shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix) and/or thinly sliced jalapeno peppers.