SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat the 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, the 3/4 teaspoon ginger, and the vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour and the 1 cup nuts.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. To shape moons, roll each ball into a short log with tapered ends. Curve slightly into a crescent shape and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in for 10 to 11 minutes or until set but not browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
3. For browned butter, in a small heavy saucepan heat the 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until melted. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 to 9 minutes or until butter bubbles, turns golden, and becomes fragrant. Cool slightly.
4. For glaze, in a small bowl combine browned butter, powdered sugar, and the 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Stir in enough of the milk to make a glaze of spreading consistency.
5. Spread glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle immediately with the 1/2 cup nuts and, if desired, nutmeg.