SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry.
2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add the 5 cups raspberries and the Chambord; toss gently to coat. (If using frozen raspberries, let mixture stand about 45 minutes or until berries are partially thawed, but still icy.) Transfer filling to crust.
3. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake for 30 minutes (or 50 minutes for frozen fruit). Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until filling is bubbly almost to the center and pastry is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Before serving, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold about 1/3 cup of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture to lighten. Fold in the remaining whipped cream.
5. Spread the whipped cream mixture over top of pie. If desired, sprinkle with additional fresh raspberries. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all of the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.