SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, melted butter, and rum. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Transfer one-third of the batter (about 1-1/4 cups) to a medium bowl; fold in melted chocolate.
3. Drop alternating spoonfuls of plain and chocolate batters into the prepared pan. Using a table knife or narrow metal spatula, gently cut through batters to marble.
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with chocolate-hazelnut spread. Makes 16 servings.