SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the 1/4 cup sugar, and fruit peels; beat in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal, and salt; gradually add to and mix with butter mixture until a cohesive ball of dough forms.
4. Using a 1-ounce scoop or tablespoon, roll dough in 3/4-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place additional sugar in shallow dish; gently toss warm cookies in sugar. Cool on rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies.