SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve to sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir buttermilk into bran cereal; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until cereal is softened. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda; set aside.
3. Stir eggs, brown sugar, syrup, and oil into bran mixture. Add flour mixture to bran mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in dried fruit bits. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each nearly full.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. If desired, drizzle with Maple Icing. Serve warm.
1. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and maple flavoring. Stir in enough fat-free milk (1 to 2 teaspoons) to make icing easy to drizzle.