SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and flour a 2-1/2-quart heatproof bowl or 10-cup covered pudding mold. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, spices; set aside.
2. Beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. One at a time, add eggs and egg whites; beat on low after each. Stir in melted chocolate. Alternately add flour mix and milk; beat on low after each. Pour into prepared bowl or mold. Cover with greased foil pressed against edge or lid.
3. Place bowl or mold on rack in Dutch oven; add water 1 inch up bowl or mold sides. Cover, bring water to boiling. Reduce to simmering. Steam 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Check water level every 30 minutes; add boiling water as needed.
4. Remove bowl or mold from Dutch oven; remove cover. Cool 10 minutes; unmold onto serving platter. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm with Cranberry-Kumquat Compote and whipped cream. Serves 12.
1. In medium saucepan combine kumquats, brown sugar, cranberry juice, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes or until kumquats soften slightly. Stir in cranberries and dried cherries. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes until thickened. Discard cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir in toasted pecans. Serve warm.