SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust pie.
2. For filling, in a bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs; beat with a fork until combined. Gradually add milk; stir until combined.
3. Carefully pour filling in pastry shell. Cover edge of pie crust with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
4. To serve, if desired, top with Maple Whipped Cream. Makes 8 servings.
1. In bowl stir together flour and salt. Using pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Form dough in ball. On floured surface flatten with hands. Roll dough from center to edges into 13-inch circle. To transfer pastry, wrap around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry.
1. In chilled medium bowl combine whipping cream and pure maple syrup. With mixer on medium speed beat until soft peaks form.