SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the cornmeal, and yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine buttermilk, sugar, butter, mustard, and salt. Heat and stir until mixture is lukewarm (120F to 130F). Add buttermilk mixture, cheese, and eggs to flour mixture.
2. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat for 3 minutes on high speed. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Place dough in a lightly greased large bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1-1/2 hours).
4. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups.
5. Divide each dough half into 36 portions. Shape each portion into a ball, pulling edges under to make a smooth top. Place three balls in each prepared muffin cup, smooth sides up. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).
6. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until rolls sound hollow when lightly tapped. Immediately remove from muffin cups; cool slightly. Serve warm. If desired, serve with Roasted Red Pepper Butter. Makes 24 rolls.
1. Thoroughly drain the roasted red sweet peppers; pat dry with paper towels. In a food processor combine the peppers, butter, and garlic. Cover and process until well mixed.