SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, desired herb/spice option, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine desired wine and oil; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until combined. Form dough into a ball. (Dough will appear dry, but will come together when gently worked with hands. Avoid adding more liquid, as this will make the crackers tough.)
2. Transfer dough to a floured surface; flatten into a rectangle. Roll out into a 12x9-inch rectangle (trim uneven edges, if necessary). Prick dough all over with a fork. Cut dough into 3x1-1/2-inch rectangles. Transfer rectangles to an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with kosher salt.
3. Bake about 18 minutes or just until crackers start to brown and are firm to the touch. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.Wine and herb/spice combinations::
4. Sauvignon Blanc and Basil: 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely ground
5. Riesling and Tarragon: 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon paprika
6. Cabernet Sauvignon and Rosemary: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
7. Champagne and Mustard: 2 teaspoons dry mustard
8. Chardonnay and Fennel: 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed; use the 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper