SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Generously butter eight 6-ounce ramekins. For filling: In a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces, the 1 tablespoon butter, and the whipping cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or until fudgelike in consistency.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small saucepan, combine chopped semisweet chocolate and the 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and melted chocolate mixture. Spoon enough of the batter into each ramekin to measure 1 inch in depth.
4. Divide chilled filling into eight portions. Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball. Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each ramekin; do not allow the filling to touch the ramekins' sides. Divide remaining batter among ramekins.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Using a paring knife, loosen sides; invert onto serving plates. Serve immediately with warm Cherry Compote. If desired, serve with small scoops of vanilla ice cream. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a small saucepan bring orange juice just to boiling over medium heat. In a small bowl combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir sugar mixture into orange juice mixture. Return to boiling. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in the fresh or thawed frozen sweet cherries and, if desired, brandy. Cool slightly before serving.