SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8x2inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over edges of pan. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
2. In bowl stir together oats, flour, and 3/4 cup sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (use fingers, if necessary, to break up mixture). Remove 1-1/2 cups oat mixture; set aside.
3. Press remaining oat mixture evenly into bottom of pan. Bake 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium saucepan combine rhubarb, 1/3 cup sugar, water, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until filling is thickened and bubbly. Stir in chopped strawberries. Remove 1/2 cup filling; cover and set aside. Carefully spoon remaining filling over hot baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, pressing lightly into rhubarb filling.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until top is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan using foil. Carefully pull foil away from sides. Cut in bars. Top each with a spoonful of filling. Drizzle with Ginger Icing just before serving. Makes 16 bars.
1. In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, ground ginger and enough orange juice, or milk to make of drizzling consistency. Makes about 1/4 cup.