SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place garlic cloves in custard cup; drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil. Roast in oven 25 to 35 minutes or until cloves feel soft when pressed; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; place in a storage container. Cover and chill.
3. Cook leeks in bacon drippings about 5 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add broth, water, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in garlic.
4. In food processor or blender container, pour half the soup mixture. Cover; process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Transfer to storage containers and cover and chill up to 3 days.
5. Return soup to Dutch oven. Add bacon. Heat through. Thin with water to desired consistency. Ladle into bowls. Top with sour cream. Float Toasted Stars Topped with sauteed onions and chives. Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.To serve right away::
6. Chilling step may be omitted. Just add bacon and reheat after pureeing.