SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. For streusel mixture: In a medium bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons flour, the 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 3 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar and the 1/2 cup maple sugar or brown sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, and the baking powder. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with the streusel mixture. Spoon remaining batter over streusel mixture.
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
5. For icing, in a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and maple syrup; drizzle over warm or cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts. Serve warm or cooled. Makes 16 servings