SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of two 8x4x2-inch or 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; line bottoms of pans with waxed paper or parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl, toss together cherries and 1 tablespoon of the flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining flour, the baking powder, allspice, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in sugar, oil, milk or pear nectar, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in cherry mixture, pears, and nuts.
3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 8x4x2-inch pans for 60 to 65 minutes or 9x5x3-inch pans for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers come out clean.
4. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Remove waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with Spiced Cream Cheese Butter. Makes 2 loaves (28 servings).
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and allspice. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 1-1/4 cups (twenty 1-tablespoon servings).